5 New Facts from VegNews Magazine
It's here! After months of waiting, my first subscription issue of VegNews magazine finally arrived. Not only is it everything that I hoped for [hello, VTB inspiration Portia de Rossi is on the cover!], but it's also packed with new and interesting vegan information that even months of stalking VegNews.com hasn't spoiled.
Here are some of my favorite new facts from VegNews' August issue:
- Vegans are 40% less likely to suffer from cataracts, according to researchers at Oxford University. [pg. 20]
- 47% of 136 samples of grocery store meat tested by the Translational Genomics Research Institute contain Staphylococcus aureus [aka staph] due to an increase in antibiotic resistance in factory farmed animals. [pg. 21]
- A bakery in Jersey Shore called Papa Ganache makes a vegan version of the Girl Scout's Samoa cookie...I want to go to there. [pg. 24]
- There is such a thing as vegan honey! [pg. 71]
- PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Over 50, Mimi Kirk has written a book...and I want it. [pg. 84]